* Vendor – We will use seller or supplier ( b2b ) as a vendor in the complete article.
- Vendor management
- Vendor Inventory management
- Vendor Microsite Management
- Vendor Review Rating
- Vendor Payment and Payouts
- Vendor Shipping and logistics
- Vendor deals promotions and rewards management
and many more. Building a marketplace is hard and features vary as per requirements.
But there are a few components which are highly required nowadays-
- Vendor Mobile app
- Vendor PWA ( Progressive web app ) or eCommerce PWA( Progressive web app )
progressive web apps are a fairly popular concept nowadays. Almost every big site is using their PWA. Magento 2 is quite popular Shopping cart software and is fit for marketplace needs.
Progressive web apps fit between mobile apps and web apps. Although PWAs are now available for the desktop as well.
But in this article, we will focus more on the Mobile version for PWA.
So PWA is a web app that works like a native app and is supported by various features like
- Offline support
- PUSH notifications
- A native app-like experience
- Background synchronization
- Web Payment ( chrome payment request API )
- Camera Access
- Barcode Management
- Easy Installation
- IndexDB support
and many more.
Magento 2 is one of the first shopping carts which introduces PWA in the core. Magento in its version 2.3 introduces PWA studio.
So it is important that if you are running a progressive web app on Magento 2 it must be built on PWA studio.
There are loads of 3rd party pwa modules and libraries available but I would recommend using Magento 2 Studio Based PWA application
Here are the architecture details of the PWA studio
Source – magento.github.io
Here are the details of the PWA studio
- venia-concept – Reference/Concept Storefront
- PWA-buildpack – Build tooling
- peregrine – eCommerce Component Library
- upward-js – The reference implementation of the UPWARD specification
- upward-spec – UPWARD specification and test suite
Magento 2 PWA studio in itself is using Reactjs for frontend rendering and GraphQL.
Webkul released the first progressive web app ( PWA ) – Magento 2 Headless PWA
We have released two PWA. In headless PWA we render everything at the frontend via react js and Graphql
- Magento 2 Progressive Web App – https://store.webkul.com/magento2-progressive-web-app.html
- Magento 2 Headless PWA – https://store.webkul.com/magento2-headless-pwa.html
As marketplace are huge in terms of SKU count and traffic. Also, internet speed varies a lot especially if your marketplace or eCommerce is located in Asia or Africa region. PWA does make a major impact.
PWA service worker works great in offline mode and especially in 2g or 3g environment.
PWA is critical for any eCommerce marketplace
That’s all for Adobe Commerce – Progressive web app still have any issues feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better contact us.