The payment flow of Magento 2 Marketplace depends on the admin of the marketplace that how he wants to receive payment from the customers. There are two ways:-
Using Default Magento 2 Payment Gateway:
If the admin is using the default Magento 2 payment gateway (Check/money order, Bank Transfer, Cash on delivery, Purchase Order, Zero Subtotal Checkout), then the payment made by the customer for their purchases will come directly to the admin’s bank account.
After that, the admin can manually pay to the respective sellers after deducting their commission. Once, the admin has paid to the seller, they can keep a record of the same in the back-end.
You can check the below image to get an idea about, how the default payment gateways work:
Using Marketplace Split Payment Gateways:
If the admin is using any Marketplace Split Payment Gateways on the checkout, then after the customer makes the payment, it will automatically split between the seller and the admin as per the commission set by the admin in the marketplace configuration.
The seller will receive the payment in its linked payment account concerning the payment gateway which the seller is using. And the admin will get the commission in their payment account.
Here are some of the Payment gateway are listed here –
- Magento 2 Marketplace Braintree Payment Gateway
- Magento 2 Marketplace Citrus Payment Gateway
- Magento 2 Marketplace iyzico Payment Gateway
- Magento 2 Marketplace Mercadopago Connect Payment Gateway
- Magento 2 Marketplace Moip Payment
- Magento 2 Marketplace PayPal Adaptive Payment Gateway
- Magento 2 Paypal Parallel Express Checkout Payment
- Magento 2 Marketplace Stripe Payment Gateway
- Magento 2 Marketplace MangoPay Payment Gateway
Note: Due to the limitation of split payment API for Magento 2 Marketplace Mercadopago Connect Payment Gateway, you have to install Split Cart Marketplace Add-on as well.
You can check out the complete list of Magento 2 payment modules here – https://store.webkul.com/Magento-2/Payment-Extensions.html or in case you need to develop any custom payment gateway module, then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org