Business-to-business marketplace means the sale of one business’s product to another business. Therefore, B2B is about delivering the needs of other businesses driven at their ends. The people who buy products for businesses are also consumers.
Basically, B2B Marketplace depends on the same basic concept as the B2C Marketplace (our normal marketplace) ie; business to consumer marketplace but are executed in a different and unique way. The basic difference between the two is that, in B2C customers select products based not only on price but on popularity, status and brand while B2B customers make decisions on price and profit potential and as per their business requirement.
Basic features required for the B2B marketplace:
- Bulk Upload – Add mass products to store using csv/xml/xls file.
- Custom Quote – Create quotations and send to the customers to offer an estimated cost for a particular set of goods or services.
- Tier pricing – Pricelist feature to support a pricing strategy as per your business like volume-based purchased, exclusive product rates, regional pricing, etc.
- Request quotation – Should be able to add the custom quote for products to buy in bulk.
- Contact Supplier – Can communicate sellers about their queries and negotiate for product price.
- Reorder – Can reorder the past purchase to have quick ordering feature.
You can also integrate some additional features such as –
- User Accounts – Have multiple sub-accounts users to operate from the same master account. This is the ultimate solution for companies that run a B2B store.
- Purchase Management – This is an activity for sourcing goods & services from various suppliers and can perform purchase management function within your store. Such as adding various suppliers to a product, create purchase orders, manage quotations, incoming shipments.
If you have any issue, please feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views at https://webkul.uvdesk.com