If you are having your Opencart store and planning to have your own marketplace but don’t know how to? Then, this article is for you.
You just need to purchase and install Opencart Multi-Vendor extension in your existing Opencart store and you are all set to start your very own Marketplace.
But the available Opencart Multi-Vendor solutions comes with limited and basic functionalities. So, to extend the features and scope for your marketplace store you need to add some custom extensions.
Some of the following additional features which offer unique features to be enabled for the seller so that the seller can operate in a more comfortable environment. You can check the following below listed modules based on the unique features.
In Opencart Marketplace extension the sellers can create only simple and downloadable types of products by default.
But in the marketplace you require is the variety of product types. With the following modules, the seller can sell a variety of product type from their end. Some of the modules are listed below.
- Marketplace Daily Deals
- Marketplace Pre-Order
- Marketplace Advanced Booking Reservation System
- Marketplace Booking Reservation System
- Marketplace Clone Product
In default Opencart, the seller cannot add custom option to their products on their own. So, Marketplace Custom Option module allows the sellers to sell their product with different variants and let their customers modify their purchase as per the choice.
Moreover, to enhance the product listing on the front-end, you can refer below-mentioned module –
Multi-Vendor Marketplace module provides two types of commission management for admin –
- Global Commission(Fixed)
- Commission On Category
- Commission On Sub-Category
- Commission On Seller
But using Marketplace Advanced Commission module, the admin can set commissions for product and seller categories.
Webkul Multi-Vendor Marketplace will support all kinds of payment methods which are supported by the default Opencart. When you will use Default Opencart payment methods or any third party payment methods, then all the payment from the customer will directly go to the admin’s account and the admin will manage the payment for the sellers manually.
The payment from the customer can automatically split among the sellers and the admin by using any of the Webkul Openacrt Marketplace Payment modules –
- Marketplace MercadoPago Connect Payment Gateway
- Marketplace Paypal Adaptive Payment
- Marketplace Stripe Payment Gateway
- Marketplace Cash On Delivery
- Marketplace Paypal Adaptive & Cash On Delivery
- Marketplace Stripe Payment Gateway & Wallet System
- Marketplace Wepay Payment Gateway
- Marketplace Braintree Payment Gateway
- Marketplace Citrus Payment Gateway
- Marketplace Moip Payment Gateway
- Marketplace iyzico Payment Gateway
Webkul’s Multi-Vendor Marketplace module will support any shipping methods which are supported by default Opencart. When you will use Default Opencart Shipping methods or any third party shipping methods, then all the shipping & handling will go to the admin only and the admin can set the shipping rates for Manually Driven Shipping Methods.
If you want the seller to set the shipping cost for Manually Driven Shipping Methods from the seller account and “Shipping & Handling” to go to the seller, then you have to use any of the Webkul Opencart Marketplace Shipping modules –
- Marketplace Aramex Shipping
- Marketplace Multi Shipping
- Marketplace Advanced Custom Shipping
- Marketplace UPS Shipping Management
- Marketplace Per Country Per Product Shipping
- Marketplace USPS Shipping Management
- Marketplace FedEx Shipping
- Marketplace FedEx Shipping & Aramex Shipping
- Marketplace DHL Shipping
- Marketplace The Courier Guy Shipping
- Marketplace Correios Shipping
- Marketplace Canada Post Shipping
- Marketplace Ultimate Shipping
- Marketplace USPS by Stamps.com
The admin and the sellers receive various types of marketplace alert notifications for various events like –
- New order placed.
- Order status changed.
- Order return requested.
- Product approved.
- Out of stock product.
- Product review received.
- Seller review received
You can even integrate SMS notification functionality in your Marketplace through the modules Marketplace MSG91 SMS Notification or Marketplace Twilio SMS Notification modules. The admin, sellers, and customers can receive SMS messages on various marketplace notifications.
In the Multi-Vendor Marketplace module, the seller can ask queries or doubts to admin via a form. The admin will get the mail for the query asked by the seller. Similarly, the customer can ask queries or doubts to sellers.
You can integrate instant and quick communication feature into your marketplace through below mentioned modules –
Custom Registration extension will allow the admin to extend the customer registration page easily. Thus, allowing the admin to gather more customer information apart from the default registration fields as the default system does not allow extending the customer registration fields.
The admin can make use of the various custom registration field types to capture the needed information from the customer. This comes handy when the store owner wants some verification documents from the customer, or be any similar extra information type like the color that the customer like, etc.
Seller Attribute Manager module will let the admin fetch any additional details from the seller while seller registration. This module will enable the admin to create attributes for the sellers. These attributes will be visible at the vendor registration form.
The sellers will have to fill and provide information for these attributes while registering themselves at the marketplace stores. The sellers can even update or edit the values of these attributes.
In a technologically advanced era where convenience is everything. Integrating your online marketplace store with the physical store offers ease of management for the seller and store owner.
Using Multi-Vendor POS, you can easily allow the sellers of the marketplace to sell goods through the physical store.
Processing and managing an order which has multiple products belong to different sellers in a single checkout session might be confusing.
Also, consider the fact in which the customer wants to manage separate shipping or payments for different products. So to manage the seller’s orders efficiently and provide the customer ease of purchase following module can be used.
Customer satisfaction plays a crucial role in the growth of any website. If you have numerous seller selling their products maintaining the quality of the product can be hard.
In such cases, having a return management system for the marketplace will improve customer relationships as there may cases where the product shipment may get defected or damaged.
If return or exchange is not given, then it may lead to a depreciation in the level of satisfied customer and will create more transparency between the customers and the seller.
Today’s online consumers are more selective than ever. Having this fact that there can be more options than ever before. In order to persuade more visitor to purchase products through the marketplace, various tactics are needed to get adopted.
Some points that may increase the sales of the products are:
- Various Daily Deals or Special Offers can be achieved through the Marketplace Daily Deals extension.
- Sellers pre-launching their products to create a buzz and know about the products grip in the market can be accomplished through Marketplace Pre-Order module.
- Many sellers want the customer to give a reward or credit points for their purchase of the product so that they get a discount in the future purchase like – Marketplace Reward System.
- Apart from providing rewards or credit points, the seller can provide coupons or multiple vouchers with the help of Marketplace Seller Coupons for which will serve as an efficient way for sales growth.
In a Marketplace website, where there is a vast variety of sellers. The exposure of each seller’s products over other sites can play an essential role in the growth of the sales. Due to a large number of sellers adding products over the market need of awareness among the customer has become a significant need.
In order to promote the seller’s products various modules can be used:
- Many sellers want their products to get showcase so that the potential customer can view the new products arrivals. This not only increases the sales of the product but also builds a new customer base for the new sellers. This feature can be integrated through Marketplace Advertisement Manager extension.
- If you have you ever thought of promoting your business through the internet, you must have thought of affiliates. The affiliate system offers the new customer to approach your product and to offer these facilities for vendors of your marketplace can be very useful which can be achieved through Marketplace Affiliate System module.
In an era where everything that you use is some way or the other is connected with each other. Accessibility plays an essential role in establishing your online business in the market.
API helps to fetch the data from the web which can be utilized in various application like ERP or mobile apps. But not everybody is a developer so we offer module via which the Marketplace Web Service API can be fetched – Marketplace Web Services API.
Most of the customer try to avoid filling up lengthy forms for registration on the application. If the customers are offered an easy way to log in through their existing social networking account details like in Social Login.
Then it will increase the customer base and will let more user join your website without having the need to manage the login ID and Password for the site separately.
You can have a mobile app for your marketplace web store because you don’t know where your customers are coming in at your store. It may be that the customer is visiting your website at Android / IOS mobile via Facebook or Twitter.
Many store owners want to convert their website or store into B2B commerce. There have been surveys in which results were found that over the significant amount of eCommerce rely on B2B sales for their website growth.
If your website is B2B, then there are more chances of the customer returning back and purchase offering a long term business relationship.
With the Opencart B2B Marketplace, you can easily convert your existing e-commerce store into the B2B marketplace without the hassle of leaving your existing website.
Note: Visit here to know – How to equip your B2B commerce?
There are many modules which can help the store owner to integrate a B2B structure on their website. Some of them are listed below.
Procurement & Sourcing
B2B Customer Access
To know more about B2B commerce, visit here – https://b2bcommerce.in/blog/