Marketplace MSI for Magento 2 – Multi Source Inventory (MSI) helps the store owners and the sellers to manage the multi-channel inventories and sale.
MSI is a brilliant feature of Magento that helps the admin to manage the multi-source inventory and sales of their store in an easy way regardless of the customers and the warehouse location.
MSI Marketplace Add-on for Magento 2 helps the admin to facilitate speedy delivery of orders/ products to the customers that also enhance the inventory management.
Using this module, the admin creates multiple sources that are visible to the sellers as well. The seller can select the source from the list and assign the products with a quantity to the selected source/warehouse.
- This module is an add-on of Webkul’s Marketplace Module.
- To use this module, you must install the Multi-Vendor Marketplace first.
- This module supports Magento version 2.3.x only.
MSI (Multi Source Inventory) helps the store owner to manage the multi-source inventory for their store in the easiest way. The admin can create the source and assign the stock to the created source that will also be visible to the sellers as well.
Furthermore, the seller can select the desired source that is created by the admin and assign the stock and quantity to the source accordingly.
So, these sources are visible to the sellers at the time of shipment generation. This helps the store to fasten the shipment process based on the customer location as the admin/seller can ship the product to the customer from their nearest source.
- The seller can use the MSI features, once the admin created the multiple sources.
- The seller can use the MSI feature while adding a product using which the seller can manage the quantity as well.
- The admin can create multiple sources, add the stocks to the created source, and manage the quantity of the stock as well.
- Helps to generate more sales as inventory is managed in a such way, the admin or the seller can ship the products to the customers from their nearest source location.
The admin can manage the functionality of the module from the admin panel easily. The admin can navigate to the Store>Inventory>Sources and create or manage the existing one.
After clicking on the “Add New Source,” the admin can create a new source by filling and selecting the required details.
Now, the will have to assign the stock to each created source.
Furthermore, the admin can click on the “Add New Stock” button to add new stock and configure the general details.
After clicking on the “Assign Sources,” the admin can select the available sources from the list and click on the done button to assign the sources.
Now, when a seller will create a new product, an option to assign a source shall be visible to the seller. It will be visible only when a source is created by the admin.
Now, the seller can manage the quantity of the product and select the source item status as “In Stock.”
Now, when a customer will place the order, the seller can choose the nearest warehouse/ source. The seller can choose the right source from the order history page under the appropriate order.
Furthermore, the admin and the seller can also view the product list as well with the quantity and the source.