Multi-Vendor Distance Based Shipping for Magento 2 is an offline shipping method that means no carrier API is involved.
The extension enables the sellers and the store admin to define their own shipping charge and create shipping rule and charge freight rates based on the distance units from their warehouse to customer location.
Using Google Maps, the distance is measured and shipping cost is calculated unit wise.
This module also facilitates the Admin to set distance calculations based on “Google Map Distance Matrix” or “Latitude Longitude”.
This question may hit in anyone’s mind that why you need this module when default Magento already comes with several Built-in shipping methods?
Well, the default shipping method such as Flat rate offers fixed-rate shipping regardless of product weight, size, and location.
But somewhere it’s unfair to charge your customer with the same standard shipping rate instead of measuring distance and calculate shipping rates unit wise based on the measured distance.
The use case of marketplace distance rate shipping addon is endless and can use in every scenario where the admin/seller would like to charge a custom rate based on the distance between the customer and store location.
For example, you are running shoe online store and deliver shoes at the doorstep. Also would like to charge different rates based on how far away the customer is from the store location then this module is perfect for you.
By which sellers and admin can define their shipping charges per unit. Let’s suppose if the rate per unit is set 50 and the unit set is kilometers and if any customer orders shoes within a 1-kilometer range then shipping charges will be 50.
The admin/seller can set the preferred distance unit either in Kilometer or mile.
The sellers and admin can bulk upload shipping matrix data via CSV and show customers the shipping charges on the product page, before the checkout.
The extension uses google maps API to accurately calculate the distance between the origin and delivery address.
The customers can check the estimated shipping charges on the product page.
The admin can set the Distance-Based Shipping method name that will be displayed on the storefront.
Multiple shipping charges such as item wise rate, minimum charges, and handling charges can be set.
Delivery charges can be set based on the rate per unit and the maximum coverage area.
- Admin can Enable/Disable the Shipping Method
- Admin/seller can provide Distance Rate Shipping method for their Products
- The seller/admin can set Maximum Area to Cover
- Admin/Seller can set the Shipping Origin Address based on which the calculation will be done.
- The Distance Unit can be in Kilometer or Mile which can be set by Seller or Admin
- Admin/Seller can set Shipping Rate per Unit Distance
- Admin/seller can add Handling Charge, Minimum Charge
- The Seller/Admin can add whether to apply shipping item wise.
- Admin/seller can set Custom Error Message to display if shipping not applicable
- Admin can enable to Display Estimate Shipping Rate on Product pages.
- Both admin and seller can upload the CSV in order to add the shipping rule.
- Admin can set distance calculation based on “Google Map Distance Matrix” or “Latitude Longitude”
Thus Distance Rate Shipping marketplace module will help sellers/admin to set their own custom distance unit-wise rates.
This module calculates the customer’s distances from the nearby store location and charges shipping accordingly.
Also, the extension uses google maps API to accurately calculate the distance between the origin and delivery address.
The admin/seller can define their shipping charges and create shipping rules. Also, sellers and admin can bulk upload shipping matrix data via CSV and show customers the shipping charges on the product page, before the checkout.
Thus, that’s all for the Magento 2 Multi-Vendor Distance Based Shipping. Moreover, if you still have any issues feel free to add a ticket from here. And also let us know your views or any suggestion.
We will be very happy to help you!